Skip to main content

NARS Cosmetics Favourites

Ever since I was a small girl, I can remember being obsessed with the small, quirky, fun, little pots of cosmetics for children that contained the sticky gloop which I classed as lip-gloss. Even though I now look back and realise how honestly awful these items where at that age it was fun to use and I wanted all of them!

Skip forward to my collage years when I started to properly experiment with make up and different looks. Favourite brands being Collection 2000 with there relatively affordable prices for a college student and there huge range of different products. I can remember going to school wearing all Collection 2000 one day. Mascara is a huge staple for me even today, so of course I worn anything kind of mascara from there range, and loved it! That was until P.E day and the heavens opened. Safe to say I would have made an amazing tribute act to Alice Cooper!

So now present day and I'm really loving trying out different brands and none other that the fabulous company NARS Cosmetics. I actually have a friend to thank for introducing me to them. Going on a spur of the moment night out and not having my make up with me, she jumped to my rescue and let me borrow her cosmetic collection to do as I pleased.

Firstly the packaging is sleek, stylish and looks very professional in black. This would defiantly be a brand I would be drawn to in a shop. Now, to list the items I used on the night out....

Sheer Glow Foundation - Ceylan
Were to start with this miracle worker? A natural radiant finish foundation with a sheer coverage, but from what I can sense from using it, it can be buildable as well. After using this foundation, I can safely say I will defiantly be purchasing a bottle and recommending it to everyone around me. My skin felt so soft and smooth while wearing it. I even had comments on how glowy and radiant my skin looked. Very excited to purchase my own little miracle in a bottle soon.
£33.00

Highlighting Blush - Hot Sand
When I first put this highlighter on I was shocked. This is definitely a highlighter, not a blush on me. This is one of my all time favorite highlighters. I have tried more up market invisible powder highlighters and found that they really do not work on my skin. It's not glittery and it applied smoothly I found that while applying there was not much fall down which is always a bonus. When I had finished applying I was extremely happy with the result. You could see what I was wearing a highlighter but not crazy enough for everyone to see I was wearing a highlighter. .It's a beautiful cool peachy colour, the perfect pretty skin highlighter. 
£24.00

Velvet Lip Glide - Stripped

Now I absolutely love and I mean LOVE Nude lippies, so when she showed me this beautiful shade, I jumped at the chance to wear it for my night out. I loved this lippy so much I actually went out the next day and bought the mini version of this colour. On me, the colour is neither dark nor light its just perfect for my lips. It looks very understated and therefore more "serious". The only downside to this product is that I found its not long wearing like a gloss. Therefore, I had to reapply a couple of times during the night. But with that said I really do love the feel of it on my lips and the way it applied smoothly. I've also got my eye on some of the other colours which I'm excited to try out soon. 
£23.00

Eye Paint - Iskandar & Baalbek


Now my must have in any situation would have to be mascara. Everything is about the eyes when where make up. So of course this was the most important thing for me to get right on the night, and I was not disappointed. Along comes Baalbek, a greenish blackened bronze/brown with gold flecks - the gold flecks and the bronziness of the colour make it perfect for a hot, sultry night.  this will be a great shade for autumn as well. I loved using this as a liner and smudged under my eyes. I can be a bit of a failure with gel liners but this product, applied with a smudger brush, gave a really pretty and soft eye line. As a shadow, it is gorgeous too though I do find I need to blend it out fairly quickly. It applied super easy and looked beautiful when paired with Iskandar. The two shades together gave my eye the perfect look for a night out. I'm excited to add to my eyeshadow collection with new colours from this brand
£19.00

http://narscosmetics.co.uk/on/demandware.store/Sites-UK-Site/en_GB/Home-Show



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Raspberry Flan

As the temperatures here in the UK rise, many people have been enjoying BBQ in the warm summer evenings and picnics away at the beach. Not always do you want to have something chocolatety as a pudding after a meal, so today I'm going to share with you my Summer Raspberry Flan recipe. This pudding is full of flavour, light, and most of all refreshing, enough to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. What you will need is.... Summer Raspberry Flan prep time 5-10 mins cook time 30 mins total time 35-40 mins Author:  SophieMarie Serves: 8  servings ingredients 6oz Self Raising Flour 6oz Margarine 6oz Caster Sugar 3 Eggs 1tsp Vanilla Extract Filling    Fresh Raspberries    Raspberry Jelly {Made to just under a pint}       instructions   Preheat oven to gas mark 4. Grease a 10" flan dish and place to one side ready for your sponge mixture Mix together the self raising flour, caster sugar and margarine.

Jewellery Advent Calendars 2017

Following on from my recent post of beauty advent calendars, I thought this evening I will focus on the accessories side of the advent world with my list of top Jewellery Advent Calendars. These range in price and are just as fun to open as are all the others.   Luxury Jasper Harrod Jewellery Advent Calendar  from wowcher.co.uk for £14.99       Accessorize Christmas Advent Calendar Brights-Multi One Size  from uk.accessorize.com for £15         12 Days Of Christmas Tropical Advent Calendar from lisaangel.co.uk for £39     Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from jdwilliams.co.uk for £19   Bloom Boutique Personalised Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from notonthehighstreet.com for £29  

Redhead In Bed Cocktail Recipe - Sozzled Summer

As part of a Summer special, I thought I would concentrate on sharing with you all a few of my favourite Summer, cocktails and mocktails as a series known as Sozzled Summer. So to kick it off I would like to share you the first cocktail Red Head In Bed. As we all know, Summer is fast approaching and what better way to unwind for the weekend than with a cocktail in hand soaking up the last of the days rays. This recipe is a favourite of mine that I received from a friend in America. If your a fan of Strawberries and Vodka, then this recipe is for you. Red Head In Bed Cocktail. Ingredients 3 pounds strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped 2/3 cup sugar 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons citrus vodka 1/4 cup fresh lime juice Ice 1/3 cup chilled Riesling Method In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar and let stand, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release their juices, about 10 minutes  . In a blender, combine half each of the strawberries and their ju