Skip to main content

DO The Bright Thing - Benefit Cosmetics






Around a month ago, I received a Benefit's 'Do the Bright Thing' kit through the mail. I was so excited simply because ever since getting into YouTube and watching beauty gurus, I would see them all talking about the High Beam Highlighter and They're Real Mascara. Now I had the chance to try it for myself!!



This is a sample kit containing five of Benefit's products in sample sizes. (Best for those of us that aren't sure on paying out top price for the full size product in case it doesn't work)

This Kit Contains.....

1.) "That Gal" Brightening face primer 7.5ml
2.) "Dandelion" (with brush) A brightening face powder 3.0g
3.) "They're Real!" Beyond mascara 3.0g
4.) "High Beam" Luminescent complexion enhancer 4.0ml
5.) "Badgal Liner Waterproof" Extra black waterproof eye pencil 0.5g



I'm not sure why, but they state on the packaging that each of the items are produced in different countries.

The Packaging

Like all the other Benefit kits, this one comes in a box sleeve to protect the little book-like-case which houses the items. Once you flip open the magnetic cover, you will be greeted with a little booklet of "Tips and tricks". The container also contains a mirror.

A little touch I love is that the casing for the products are numbered so you know which order to use them in.


My Thoughts

 

That Gal: Smells so darn goooooood! It has a sweet strawberries and cream scent. It made my skin feel so soft and is an excellent primer for my foundation.
 
My Score: 3/5


Dandelion: The colour is a pale pink with golden shimmers in it. This product to smells so good and almost fresh. At first I didn't think the colour wouldn't show up on my skin tone, but it did!

My Score: 5/5


They're Real If I'm honest, I'm extremely fuzzy when it comes to my mascara. I have rather sensitive eyes so find the cheaper mascaras not only slide down my face during the day but also makes them sting a lot and makes them water. So although this isn't a lower budget mascara I was still wary when trying it. Safe to say I was pleasantly surprised. Not once has it made my eyes water and it stays in place a lot longer than most. The wet formula made it easy to coat my lashes without making them look clumped which I loved!

My Score:4/5


High Beam: I was so excited about this and it did not disappoint! The cool toned frosty silver pink was so beautiful. The cream texture of High Beam was so easy to apply! Unfortunately, it did not have much staying power. I think you need to apply it fairly frequently as it melts away after a few hours.

I used it as suggested along my cheekbones, on the bridge of my nose and my forehead. All this was done with one application and dip of the product!!  

My Score: 4/5

 
Badgal Waterproof Eyeliner: I haven't used this yet. I don't know when I will, but  I instinctively prefer to use my Rimmel eyeliner, sorry. With that being said I will give it my honest opinion when I do get around to using it.

My Score: N/A


Overall, I really liked this kit and would recommend it to friends and family! The sample sizes are really generous and of great quality. A few of the items are now part of my make up routine and all work great together. Although priced at £26.50 I'm not sure if I would purchase it again as there are a few items I wouldn't use. But of example would be happy to by the full size High Beam Product and They're Real Mascara!


That's it for now and will be back soon with another review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Raspberry Flan

As the temperatures here in the UK rise, many people have been enjoying BBQ in the warm summer evenings and picnics away at the beach. Not always do you want to have something chocolatety as a pudding after a meal, so today I'm going to share with you my Summer Raspberry Flan recipe. This pudding is full of flavour, light, and most of all refreshing, enough to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. What you will need is.... Summer Raspberry Flan prep time 5-10 mins cook time 30 mins total time 35-40 mins Author:  SophieMarie Serves: 8  servings ingredients 6oz Self Raising Flour 6oz Margarine 6oz Caster Sugar 3 Eggs 1tsp Vanilla Extract Filling    Fresh Raspberries    Raspberry Jelly {Made to just under a pint}       instructions   Preheat oven to gas mark 4. Grease a 10" flan dish and place to one side ready for your sponge mixture Mix together the self raising flour, caster sugar and margarine.

Jewellery Advent Calendars 2017

Following on from my recent post of beauty advent calendars, I thought this evening I will focus on the accessories side of the advent world with my list of top Jewellery Advent Calendars. These range in price and are just as fun to open as are all the others.   Luxury Jasper Harrod Jewellery Advent Calendar  from wowcher.co.uk for £14.99       Accessorize Christmas Advent Calendar Brights-Multi One Size  from uk.accessorize.com for £15         12 Days Of Christmas Tropical Advent Calendar from lisaangel.co.uk for £39     Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from jdwilliams.co.uk for £19   Bloom Boutique Personalised Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from notonthehighstreet.com for £29  

Redhead In Bed Cocktail Recipe - Sozzled Summer

As part of a Summer special, I thought I would concentrate on sharing with you all a few of my favourite Summer, cocktails and mocktails as a series known as Sozzled Summer. So to kick it off I would like to share you the first cocktail Red Head In Bed. As we all know, Summer is fast approaching and what better way to unwind for the weekend than with a cocktail in hand soaking up the last of the days rays. This recipe is a favourite of mine that I received from a friend in America. If your a fan of Strawberries and Vodka, then this recipe is for you. Red Head In Bed Cocktail. Ingredients 3 pounds strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped 2/3 cup sugar 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons citrus vodka 1/4 cup fresh lime juice Ice 1/3 cup chilled Riesling Method In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar and let stand, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release their juices, about 10 minutes  . In a blender, combine half each of the strawberries and their ju