Skip to main content

First Aid Beauty Must Haves

I've been trying out four products from First Aid Beauty this past month after placing an order with them on Asos. Now as many of you know I have extremely sensitive skin and the slightest change to my facial routine will make my skin irritated and breakout big time. With that being said, I had heard amazing reports about this brand so thought I would give them a whirl.

First Aid Beauty Face Cleanser


Price - £15.00
Review: This is without doubt an excellent cleanser. I personally wouldn't describe it as gentle but neither it is harsh (although FAB themselves state it as being a mild and gentle formula). For me it strikes the right balance. It's effective at cleaning without stripping the skin. I use it every morning and then at night with my Clarisonic. It lathers easily and I mean it when I say you only need a small amount to cover your face. So the plus side of using such a small amount is a little goes a long way and will last a lot longer.

First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Daily Face Cream



Price - £16.00
Review: If you're after a lightweight moisturiser that keeps your skin hydrated until you wash your face again at night, this might just be the product for you. Although the weather is slowly warming up here in the UK, it's still chilly at times and the wind can be harsh on my facial skin, especially working outside a fair bit, but safe to say this face cream has held up really well. I use this in the mornings after cleansing and I have been pleasantly surprised how soft and hydrated it makes my face feel, and for how long it lasts.

First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream 



Price - £10.00

Review: Out of the four products, I love this one the most! I use this as my night time moisturiser, hand cream and sometimes if its been an especially harsh day for my face, a really hydrating and soothing cream.  My skin is not as scaly and dry as before. I am so obsessed with this product and will definitely be recommending to all friends, family and strangers!


First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask




Price - £19.00
Review:
The packaging of this product is quite small than what I had imagined. It comes in a regular, plastic squeeze tube. Since this is a thick mask, a lot is needed to cover the entire face. I have used this mask twice and I feel as if I have used at least ¼th of it already. When applying the mask, it feels a bit different. The mask doesn’t have a smooth texture; there are tiny oatmeal granules you can feel. There is a light scent to it, the way I can describe it is that it smells similar to Aveeno products. I applied a pretty thick layer to my skin and waited about 15 minutes. After washing off the mask, I noticed that my skin did feel more hydrated. It is a very mild and sensitive mask that didn’t dry or irritated my skin.. I assume after using this for a few more times, I will really be able to notice the difference. I also found my skin to be soft and plump afterwards which is great! Whenever I use clay masks, my face feels clean afterwards, but also very dry and parched. This mask gave me the clean feeling, but luckily it didn’t dry out my skin.

Overall review: I love how the products come in tubes or with a pump. FAB gets points for hygiene and minimal contamination! However, keep in mind that if you buy the next size up for the Ultra Repair Cream, it will comes in a jar. The pricing is extremely affordable, considering how much product you get and how long it will last you. All the products are designed to be suitable for sensitive skin and I can't agree with that statement more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Raspberry Flan

As the temperatures here in the UK rise, many people have been enjoying BBQ in the warm summer evenings and picnics away at the beach. Not always do you want to have something chocolatety as a pudding after a meal, so today I'm going to share with you my Summer Raspberry Flan recipe. This pudding is full of flavour, light, and most of all refreshing, enough to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. What you will need is.... Summer Raspberry Flan prep time 5-10 mins cook time 30 mins total time 35-40 mins Author:  SophieMarie Serves: 8  servings ingredients 6oz Self Raising Flour 6oz Margarine 6oz Caster Sugar 3 Eggs 1tsp Vanilla Extract Filling    Fresh Raspberries    Raspberry Jelly {Made to just under a pint}       instructions   Preheat oven to gas mark 4. Grease a 10" flan dish and place to one side ready for your sponge mixture Mix together the self raising flour, caster sugar and margarine.

Jewellery Advent Calendars 2017

Following on from my recent post of beauty advent calendars, I thought this evening I will focus on the accessories side of the advent world with my list of top Jewellery Advent Calendars. These range in price and are just as fun to open as are all the others.   Luxury Jasper Harrod Jewellery Advent Calendar  from wowcher.co.uk for £14.99       Accessorize Christmas Advent Calendar Brights-Multi One Size  from uk.accessorize.com for £15         12 Days Of Christmas Tropical Advent Calendar from lisaangel.co.uk for £39     Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from jdwilliams.co.uk for £19   Bloom Boutique Personalised Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from notonthehighstreet.com for £29  

Redhead In Bed Cocktail Recipe - Sozzled Summer

As part of a Summer special, I thought I would concentrate on sharing with you all a few of my favourite Summer, cocktails and mocktails as a series known as Sozzled Summer. So to kick it off I would like to share you the first cocktail Red Head In Bed. As we all know, Summer is fast approaching and what better way to unwind for the weekend than with a cocktail in hand soaking up the last of the days rays. This recipe is a favourite of mine that I received from a friend in America. If your a fan of Strawberries and Vodka, then this recipe is for you. Red Head In Bed Cocktail. Ingredients 3 pounds strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped 2/3 cup sugar 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons citrus vodka 1/4 cup fresh lime juice Ice 1/3 cup chilled Riesling Method In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar and let stand, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release their juices, about 10 minutes  . In a blender, combine half each of the strawberries and their ju