Skip to main content

Dublin Break. Day One & Two

Hey Jelly Beans.

I'm here In Dublin and have been for two days now. I apologise for not blogging yesterday, but the hotel was experiencing technique Wi-Fi difficulties. But it's all back to working order now.

So first things first. I'm staying in the Ashling Hotel, which I am extremely happy with already. The room is super clean, comfy, décor is great and it makes you feel warm and cozy when you step inside the door. Again the staff here are always pleased to help out where they can and were very apologetic for the internet problem as they knew I was a newly started travel blogger and YouTube vlogger and it would of interfered with my work. So so far so good for this hotel.

Yesterday morning I had this amazing breakfast. It was very filling and very hunger satisfying. tea, coffee, fresh orange juice the works. I in fact didn't have any lunch after this mammoth meal.

After, I hopped into a taxi and headed to Dublin Castle (Pictured Below). This castle was simply stunning. Such amazing stories the tour guide were telling even captivated the younger members there. I did pay for the better package where you get a tour around the State apartments too. Although if you don't fancy paying out there is so much here which you can explore for free. The grounds of the site are free to explore, as is the Chapel Royal, the Chester Beatty Library, the Garda Museum and the Revenue Museum which are all fascinating.


Day Two.

Today I went to see the The Famine Sculptures. Many of my family and friends has said I can not go to Dublin without seeing these works of art. Upon arrival I have to say, I was pleased I didn't miss out on seeing them. For those of you who don't know what they are, here is an extract taken from the website http://www.ddda.ie/index.jsp?n=640&p=112 to explain.

"'Famine' (1997) was commissioned by Norma Smurfit and presented to the City of Dublin in 1997. The sculpture is a commemorative work dedicated to those Irish people forced to emigrate during the 19th century Irish Famine. The bronze sculptures were designed and crafted by Dublin sculptor Rowan Gillespie and are located on Custom House Quay in Dublin's Docklands.
 
This location is a particularly appropriate and historic as one of the first voyages of the Famine period was on the 'Perserverance' which sailed from Custom House Quay on St. Patrick's Day 1846.  Captain William Scott, a native of the Shetland Isles, was a veteran of the Atlantic crossing, gave up his office job in New Brunswick to take the 'Perserverance' out of Dublin. He was 74 years old. The Steerage fare on the ship was £3 and 210 passengers made the historical journey. They landed in New York on the 18th May 1846. All passengers and crew survived the journey".

The expressions on the faces of these sculptures are very moving. So realistic and touching to think what they went through back then and what we moan about in todays world. A tribute to the Irish to remind them of what they've endured, suffered, and survived. If you ever get the chance to see them, take up that chance.

 
 
After a long day looking back through the history of Ireland, I thought it would be best to hit one of the local bars and try out an Irish traditional drink, Guinness. I must say I was most surprised at just how much I liked it. I think I have found my new tipple back home.
 
 
Well friends, again sorry for the delay in posting but I shall be back tomorrow for my last day with more exciting adventures.
 
Speak Soon.
 
Hixxie Pixie
xoxoxox
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Raspberry Flan

As the temperatures here in the UK rise, many people have been enjoying BBQ in the warm summer evenings and picnics away at the beach. Not always do you want to have something chocolatety as a pudding after a meal, so today I'm going to share with you my Summer Raspberry Flan recipe. This pudding is full of flavour, light, and most of all refreshing, enough to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. What you will need is.... Summer Raspberry Flan prep time 5-10 mins cook time 30 mins total time 35-40 mins Author:  SophieMarie Serves: 8  servings ingredients 6oz Self Raising Flour 6oz Margarine 6oz Caster Sugar 3 Eggs 1tsp Vanilla Extract Filling    Fresh Raspberries    Raspberry Jelly {Made to just under a pint}       instructions   Preheat oven to gas mark 4. Grease a 10" flan dish and place to one side ready for your sponge mixture Mix together the self raising flour, caster sugar and margarine.

Jewellery Advent Calendars 2017

Following on from my recent post of beauty advent calendars, I thought this evening I will focus on the accessories side of the advent world with my list of top Jewellery Advent Calendars. These range in price and are just as fun to open as are all the others.   Luxury Jasper Harrod Jewellery Advent Calendar  from wowcher.co.uk for £14.99       Accessorize Christmas Advent Calendar Brights-Multi One Size  from uk.accessorize.com for £15         12 Days Of Christmas Tropical Advent Calendar from lisaangel.co.uk for £39     Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from jdwilliams.co.uk for £19   Bloom Boutique Personalised Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from notonthehighstreet.com for £29  

Redhead In Bed Cocktail Recipe - Sozzled Summer

As part of a Summer special, I thought I would concentrate on sharing with you all a few of my favourite Summer, cocktails and mocktails as a series known as Sozzled Summer. So to kick it off I would like to share you the first cocktail Red Head In Bed. As we all know, Summer is fast approaching and what better way to unwind for the weekend than with a cocktail in hand soaking up the last of the days rays. This recipe is a favourite of mine that I received from a friend in America. If your a fan of Strawberries and Vodka, then this recipe is for you. Red Head In Bed Cocktail. Ingredients 3 pounds strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped 2/3 cup sugar 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons citrus vodka 1/4 cup fresh lime juice Ice 1/3 cup chilled Riesling Method In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar and let stand, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release their juices, about 10 minutes  . In a blender, combine half each of the strawberries and their ju