Skip to main content

Berlin Trip Day 1

Hello Jelly Beans

As I sit here with cocktail in hand, I hear you all cry "where are you now Sophie?" Well my friends I'm on a mini break in Germany, in the simply stunning Berlin. I arrived here late last night so didn't get much time to do much exploring. But with that said I did get to visit one place I have always wanted to see.

I am currently staying in the Pentahotel which I can safely say is the most amazing hotel I have had the honour of staying in. The Pentahotel have provided with the best room I have ever stayed in. The picture below is my little slice of heaven for the next few days, and boy am I happy about that. The bed is so soft and comfy its like falling asleep on a cloud {Or what I imagine sleeping on a cloud would feel like}. The colour scheme as you can see are warm and comforting making it a welcoming room to come back to at the end of a busy day exploring. A huge selection of tea, coffee hot chocolate (which you don't always get) and biscuits waited for me along with a little card welcoming me to the hotel. The staff here will bend over backwards to help you. For example one of the points of my phone charge had broken off during travel, it was no problem for them to rush around like chickens for me to get me a replacement which I am extremely grateful for.


Other than the bedroom being fantastic upon opening the other door that was to the left of the picture above, was the bathroom. Extremely clean and fresh. Pure white towels which is always a massive bonus in my eyes, a cute little selection of toiletries shampoo, conditioner, body wash and a body lotion was all waiting for me on the counter. a bath/shower combo which I love and then behind the toilet was a little little reading "Have a beautiful day". This made me smile every time I visited the bathroom and made me think how lucky I am to have visited so many beautiful places.
 
 
 
 Anyway after relaxing for a while and studying the map I had been supplied with, I hoped into a taxi and went to one of the places I have always dreamed about going to visit. It is simply stunning and the picture really does not do it justice. For those of you that don't know where I went this is the beautiful Brandenburg Gate. The Brandenburg Gate is a former city gate, rebuilt in the late 18th century as a triumphal arch, and now one of the most well-known landmarks of Germany. The detailing on this breath taking monument is fantastic. If you ever get the chance to go to Berlin, I high recommend you pay this place a visit. I may just add, going during the day would be just as amazing but, it I was told that it gets very busy, so taking a night-time stroll when its quieter and lit up is the best way to see this Landmark. 
 
 
 
Right then friends, I'm going to go and catch a few z's so I can be up bright and early tomorrow for a fun packed day :).
 
Love ya'll
 
HixxiePixie
xoxoxox



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer Raspberry Flan

As the temperatures here in the UK rise, many people have been enjoying BBQ in the warm summer evenings and picnics away at the beach. Not always do you want to have something chocolatety as a pudding after a meal, so today I'm going to share with you my Summer Raspberry Flan recipe. This pudding is full of flavour, light, and most of all refreshing, enough to satisfy anyone's sweet tooth. What you will need is.... Summer Raspberry Flan prep time 5-10 mins cook time 30 mins total time 35-40 mins Author:  SophieMarie Serves: 8  servings ingredients 6oz Self Raising Flour 6oz Margarine 6oz Caster Sugar 3 Eggs 1tsp Vanilla Extract Filling    Fresh Raspberries    Raspberry Jelly {Made to just under a pint}       instructions   Preheat oven to gas mark 4. Grease a 10" flan dish and place to one side ready for your sponge mixture Mix together the self raising flour, caster sugar and margarine.

Jewellery Advent Calendars 2017

Following on from my recent post of beauty advent calendars, I thought this evening I will focus on the accessories side of the advent world with my list of top Jewellery Advent Calendars. These range in price and are just as fun to open as are all the others.   Luxury Jasper Harrod Jewellery Advent Calendar  from wowcher.co.uk for £14.99       Accessorize Christmas Advent Calendar Brights-Multi One Size  from uk.accessorize.com for £15         12 Days Of Christmas Tropical Advent Calendar from lisaangel.co.uk for £39     Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from jdwilliams.co.uk for £19   Bloom Boutique Personalised Charm Bracelet Advent Calendar from notonthehighstreet.com for £29  

Redhead In Bed Cocktail Recipe - Sozzled Summer

As part of a Summer special, I thought I would concentrate on sharing with you all a few of my favourite Summer, cocktails and mocktails as a series known as Sozzled Summer. So to kick it off I would like to share you the first cocktail Red Head In Bed. As we all know, Summer is fast approaching and what better way to unwind for the weekend than with a cocktail in hand soaking up the last of the days rays. This recipe is a favourite of mine that I received from a friend in America. If your a fan of Strawberries and Vodka, then this recipe is for you. Red Head In Bed Cocktail. Ingredients 3 pounds strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped 2/3 cup sugar 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons citrus vodka 1/4 cup fresh lime juice Ice 1/3 cup chilled Riesling Method In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the sugar and let stand, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries release their juices, about 10 minutes  . In a blender, combine half each of the strawberries and their ju